Sunday, February 6, 2011

Answering Maggie, from Reno, Nevada

I thought I would take some time to answer some of the emails I have received.

Thank you Maggie from Reno, NV for writing to me. In addition to your lovely note, you asked, "Elizabeth, What are your favorite cosmetics and jeans? What kind of cream do you use on your face? You are petite, like me, so which brands of clothes do you buy?"

MAKE-UP

Make-up: I pretty much only use Clinique or Estee Lauder make-up. I have the most sensitive skin in the world and have allergies, so over the years these are the brands I have found that work the best.

Cream: Clinique Anti- Gravity Firming Eye Cream and Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I also use Men's Cream called Clinique Maximum Hydrator.

Foundation: Clinique Soft Finish Make-up. Soft Bisque and Soft Vanilla

Mascara: Clinique High Impact

Eye Liner: Maybelline Ultra Liner

Eye Shadow: Estee Lauder (The compact from the Christmas Gift) and Clinique Teddy Bear Trio

Concealer: All About Eyes, although I notice it seems to give me a rash around the corners of my eyes, so I am considering switching back to Cover Girl.

Lip stick: I seldom use lipstick as my lips are very very dark. I always wear Chapstick.

I do not wear lip liner or brow liner. I do not over tweeze my eyebrows.

CLOTHES

As for clothes, I'm afraid I'm not much of a clothes hound. I generally shop around for what fits best and tend to shop at Macy's a lot or maybe a boutique store every so often.

Jeans: I only wear Levis 515 bootcut brand, Silver Flare Jeans, Stone Blue or Hilfiger. I do not care for pants with pockets and snaps on the rear.

Shoes: I wear Saucony tennis shoes and mostly Nine West everything else. I like Flojos Clogs and Santana Boots.

I wear what is comfortable, in-style enough and somewhat polished looking, even if in jeans. I don't leave the house in sweat pants unless I am headed to the gym. Same with tennis shoes.... you won't catch me in them unless I am going for a walk or headed to/from the gym.

Hope this helps. No two people are ever the same, so it is important to find what works for you!!

Thank you again for writing!

Elizabeth

No comments: